Oct 1, 2017

Craft Fair Series 2017 + Frosty Hat Tutorial

Well, I said I wasn't going to do it. I just couldn't resist. I thought I was going to limit myself to only doing the Curvy Keepsake treat holders but I had so many Hershey Kisses left over I figured I had better find a project to finish them up. I searched google for Hershey Kiss treat holders and found a few pics but no tutorials for anything I liked. I took a look around my craft room for any hidden gems and found these craft paper rolls:
Here is what I came up with, a super cute frosty hat:
Craft Fair Treat Holder Frosty Hat
Aren't they just adorable? Here's the tutorial:
  1. Simply cut the roll in half, getting two pieces that are 2.25 inches.
  2. Use the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits to make the brim.
  3. Cut strips of card stock from basic black, measuring 2.25 x 6, to adhere around the outside of the roll.
  4. Use some liquid glue around the bottom of the roll to attach the top to the brim and let dry.
  5. Add your ribbon of choice with glue dots (liquid glue does not work well on ribbon for me) and embellishments.
  6. I also used my basic black stampin' write marker to color the top edge of the roll, black sharpie will also work well.
  7. These little treat bags stuffed inside fit 10-12 kisses.
There are a bazillion ways to decorate this cute simple little hat. I will definitely be keeping this on my list to do again. So stinking cute! Because I used the craft paper rolls (you could also recycle wrapping paper rolls) it is much sturdier than had I used only card stock.

I made 6 of these with just 2 pieces of card stock, 3 craft paper rolls, 6 bags, 6 embellishments, and some ribbon.

Have a fabulous day, and happy crafting!
-Sherry
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. They are just adorable, I'm definitely making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I have a 4'white Christmas tree that I decorate for each holiday or season. These look small enough to use as a tree ornament. Of course i would have to close in the top. This is right up my alley. Ty for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you give me the diameter of the circle? I plan to make my own with felt or craft foam.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.