Oct 18, 2017

Upcycled Mason Jar + Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop

Welcome to the Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop! Today's hop is all about unique packaging ideas and ways to recycle and reuse jars.
Blog Hop
There are so many things you can do with a recycled jar. I will quite often fill a mason jar with skittles or m&m's and then hide a gift card in the middle. However, I have been on the hunt for a unique and crafty business card holder to use at vendor shows and craft fairs so for my project today I re-purposed a small mason jar to do exactly that. It's super cute and fits my branding.
Mason Jar Business Card Holder
I took a couple of tablespoons of glossy mod podge and added a few drops of red food coloring. When stirring it up I was careful not to get bubbles in my mixture. Pour it into your jar and gently start rolling your jar to coat the entire inside. Turn your jar upside down onto some paper toweling to let the excess drain out, let this sit for about 30 minutes. Heat up your oven to 250 degrees and place the jar on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper, I propped mine up onto a couple of straws. Bake for another 30 to 45 minutes until the glue has dried completely. Let cool and decorate as you wish. The result, a perfectly pink business card holder for my table.
DIY Mason Jar Tinting
Recognize that little tag on the front? That was a piece left over from our last Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop where we found ways to use up scraps. My tip was to make tags with otherwise unusable pieces of scrap designer paper and card stock. This little tag made from the Bouquet Bunch Framelits was the perfect addition to my project.
Colored Mason Jar
So what do you think? Darn stinking cute right? Now let's hop on over to my pal Verity's blog at Pretty Little Button and see what she cooked up. I can't wait!
Keep it crafty!
-Sherry

7 comments:

  1. That is just too cute for words! Thanks for sharing how you coloured your jar. Lovely hopping with you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry this is such a pretty jar. I love the pink! What a clever business card holder!! Thank you so much for joining the hop, I'm so glad to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea Sherry. It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this idea. I am definitely going to have to try this !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Sherry, I have never thought to change the colour of the jar, but the idea of changing a jar to match a treat or just make it different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I never heard of this technique until now. Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.