Sep 16, 2018

Craft Fair Series 2018 + Popcorn Sleeve Tutorial

The craft fair series continues with another top seller from 2017. I do two versions of these, today I am sharing the sleeve topped with gloves. Super cute, let's take a look:
Here's what you will need:
  • A Pair of Gloves - I use both youth and adult sizes, I also prefer the soft fuzzy gloves.
  • Snowman Printable
  • Microwave Popcorn Bag - be careful here, I bought Orville Redenbacher and they were too large for the print to wrap around. So far the brand I have found that fits perfectly is PopWeaver. You will need a bag that measures appx. 3.5 in x 5.5 in (it is a 65g serving bag)
  • Sticky Strip (or similarly strong adhesive)
  • String
  • Ribbon and Embellishments
How it's done: Pick up your printable from the charm shop and print out the pdf, before I purchased a color printer I would send these over to Office Depot to be printed. Cut in half on the long side directly at 5.5 inches. Very lightly score on the short side at 2.25 inches and 6 inches (just enough to help form it around your popcorn bag). Wrap around your popcorn bag and secure with a strong tape, such as sticky strip. Put your hand inside one glove and then slip the second glove over the top (this is a useful gift, the receiver gets an entire pair). You will then take the pair and slide them over the top of the popcorn sleeve. Secure and tie off the top with string and then decorate as you wish with ribbons, tags, and embellishments. Here I used a wide wire ribbon, an 1/8 inch ribbon, and a bell.

What I learned: This was another one that I had to explain to every person that came to my table. They sold like hotcakes after I explained it, but this year I plan to put out a pair of gloves as part of the display to help identify what it is. I sold these for $5 all day long.

Let me know if you have any questions,
~Sherry

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the printable as well as your instructions and tips! I'm looking forward to making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these and shared with some friends. The now want to make them. They are so adorable and fun to make. Thanks for sharing your ideas. I shared your website. Hope that was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your pdf. I really appreciate it. I made these a long time ago and could not find my pattern! You made my holiday season. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.