Feb 1, 2018

Cute Valentine's Treat Boxes + Money Saving Ribbon Hack

Hello my friends, today I am sharing with you a super cute valentine treat box.
Quick Valentine's Crafts
These are so quick and easy to whip together for any occasion but today I spruced them up for a simple little valentine treat box to give as co-woker gifts. Here's what you need:

Clear Tiny Treat Boxes (these measure 2x2x2)
Painted with Love Designer Paper (3 strips cut to 8 1/2 x 1)
Ribbon
Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers
Lots to Love Box Framelits
For the belly band I used the 8 1/2 x 1 strips of paper. Flip it over to the side you don't want showing and very lightly score it at: 1, 3, 5, and 7. Then with your fingers lightly bend it at each
of the score lines. Specialty designer paper can be a bit fragile and hard scoring/burnishing can crack your paper. Wrap it around your box and use some good adhesive like fast fuse to stick the ends down in the back. There should be a slight overlap.
Quick Valentine's Crafts
Here's a money saving ribbon hack: I borrowed some of the beautiful white metallic edged ribbon, from the Heartfelt Love Notes Paper Pumpkin Kit, and colored it with my Stampin' Blends to match my paper. I used Dark Night of Navy, Dark Rich Razzleberry, and Dark Calypso Coral.
Money Saving Ribbon Hack
I very rarely buy colored ribbon unless I purchase a complete coordinated set with paper and ink. Here's why: when I occasionally purchase a specific colored ribbon for a special project I use about 5 inches of it and the rest sits on the shelf. What a waste. I have rolls of ribbon that I have invested my hard earned dollars into and worry that it may never get used. I'm guessing you have to.

I generally stick to purchasing white ribbons (especially when I find a really great one like the metallic edged) and then I use my Stampin' Blends (any alcohol marker will work) to "dye" it to match. No waste, and you always have a beautifully matched ribbon on hand. Who doesn't want to save money? Look how fantastic the Night of Navy looks with the gold edge. These markers are such a great investment.
Quick Valentine Crafts
Tie the ribbon around the box, use some scrap pieces of the designer paper and die cut the small heart from the Lots to Love Box Framelits set, and pop that up on dimensionals. Now if you were giving this to a loved one instead of a co-worker you could stamp a sentiment from the Paper Pumpkin Kit (like XOXO or LOVE) to the front of the heart. Since these are co-worker gifts I didn't want to make it awkward so I just added the little heart for Valentine's.
Quick Valentine Craft
Happy crafting!
-Sherry

Missed your Paper Pumpkin kit this month? Pick one up today:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.