Feb 20, 2018

Just Add Ink #396 + Quick Finishing Tip

A really quick inspiration share today. I have several projects in the works. Plus, the February Paper Pumpkin has arrived! For this weeks Just Add Ink challenge I pulled out my Stampin' Up Sweet Soiree Memories and More card pack. The Memories and More card packs can be used for so much "more" (LOL) than just scrap booking. This one was tough for me though, my brain doesn't want to put these two rectangles together and not have them centered.
Here's your quick tip: After I glued everything down I thought this panel looked unfinished because I didn't use some sort of stitched die to cut the matte. It just seemed like it had raw edges or something. It was already glued so there was nothing I could do about that at this point. I glanced over and spotted my score board and decided to score the edges to finish them off.
I called that one a win. I'm much happier with the finished card. I just love the pop of yellow. Here's another free tip: When using lighter weight card stock (like with the Memories and More) do not be heavy handed with the wet glue. The paper will buckle. The ideal adhesive to use would be something dry, like snail.

Enjoy!
~Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the bold colours and simple design Sherry...Great card! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing indeed Sherry! I love the balance of your vibrant stripes paired with the crisp white surrounding your sentiment layer and the soft floral touches. They all work beautifully together. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.