Sep 5, 2017

Quick Calendar Update + Cut Lines

I have had a couple of questions about the cut lines so this is just a quick show and tell that I hope will help. When I get my calendar project finished I will post more information.
I wasn't prepared to post this yet so this is just a quick pic. If you look at the top of this calendar page I drew some arrows of where to cut. You want to cut on the boxed lines across the top, as well as in between each month. For my purposes I ignore the outside single bleed lines.
You can see here I have one of my months completed. There should be room to place a staple if you want to put all the months together like a tear off. I have chose to do the month's individually so that I can design each for the holiday/season. In this example I cut a backer that measures 3 7/8 x 2 7/8. You also can't tell with the angle of this photo but I printed onto cardstock and foiled it in gold like my background paper.

Another tip, because I print on cardstock from my manual feed on my printer it inevitably pulls crooked. The cut lines down the edge makes it easier to line up the 3 sets along the edge of my trimmer (as opposed to just putting the cardstock flush to the bottom guide and cutting from the top line only).

Hope this helps. I will post another update when I get the project finished.

UPDATE: Make sure your print setting is set at actual size and not fit to page to allow for the bleed and crop lines.

Happy crafting!
-Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.