Mar 22, 2018

Adding Finishing Touches + SIP#142

Today I have an inspiration share courtesy of Stamp, Ink, Paper challenge #142. I'm really happy how this turned out. Let's check it out:
Watercolor Card Finishing Touches

To meet this color challenge I used smoky slate for my card base, a black matte, a tranquil tide matte,  a little bit of lemon lime twist ribbon, and my main image is from the Stampin' Up Petal Passion Memories and More card pack. I just love the painted flower. It looks like a piece of hand painted art, maybe I should have signed the front of it lol.
Card Doodles
Petal Passion Memories and More
Here's your crafty tip: Finishing touches can make a world of difference. I used a water brush to add black paint splatters to my base card, then I took a silver metallic gel pen to doodle around the outside of the flower. I felt it could still use a little more so I added the dots with a Pitt fine art pen. Take a look below at a before and after:
Extra Touches to Finish a Card
I really liked the original image but I am so happy with the alterations I made.

Happy crafting!
~Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I love the clean design. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous CAS card and great way to use our colors in a subtle way. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.