Mar 23, 2018

Die Cuts With a View + Freshly Made #329

Here we are with an inspiration share courtesy of Freshly Made Sketches! Let's check it out:
Alcohol Ink Die Cuts

Here's your crafty tip: Give your backgrounds some texture using nothing more than your scoreboard. I gave this card a textured waffle weave background using my scoreboard and then I used the Stampin' Up Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits to cut out the dragonfly from the front of my panel. The other day I was working on some alcohol ink paintings and I had some left over scraps. You know how we crafters are, never throw anything away right? You never know when you can use it on another project.
Texturing With Your Scoreboard
Because I cut the dragonfly from the panel, instead of cutting the shape to place on top of the panel, I was able to slip my painting under the matte and move it around until I found the perfect placement for it. Now we have a die cut with a view! It's hard to pick up in photo but that waffle weave texture is just to die for.
Alcohol Ink Backgrounds
I think this color combo is so striking. I may have to use that again, I might just happen to have another piece of that alcohol ink painting lying around after all!

Enjoy!
~Sherry

4 comments:

  1. Striking indeed! Love the way you've allowed the pattern of your alcohol ink design to be the focal point of the dragonfly. And that little strip of gold is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern you have given your dragonfly - this is such a wonderful effect. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.