Mar 18, 2018

Painting with Alcohol Inks + Art Cards

As you know, here at Crafted Charm I love to do all kinds of crafty things. One of the most popular items in my shop when I opened it was original alcohol ink painted jewelry. I have decided it was time to bring them back, along with original art pieces. Today I have some miniature paintings that I created from alcohol inks. These miniatures are art cards that I will be exchanging with other alcohol ink artists. Talk about intimidating, I am very out of practice and these artists are amazing. all of these were painted on the back of some Kirkland (Costco brand) photo paper. It's much less expensive than Yupo but works just as well.
Alcohol Ink Art Cards
I basically did 3 different styles trying to get back into my groove. I really love all of them. These cards are only 3.5 x 2.5 so I thought it would be perfect to mount them on a gift card backer that I die cut from some basic black card stock.
Gilding Flakes and Alcohol Inks
This one is a fluid abstract that I used gilding flakes to line the veining with. Opening up some gilding flakes is like opening up glitter. Believe me when I say, if you breath in the slightest, the stuff is going everywhere.

Here is your crafty tip: To do this gilding I took a simple glue pen to line where I wanted the gilding to be. I let it dry slightly to just tacky, and then I lightly applied the gilding flakes. I let that sit briefly before pressing the flakes down onto my piece of art. The reason I let it dry slightly first is to ensure that the glue wasn't going to completely smear out larger than I wanted my veining to be. If you go into it wet and press down it spreads. I let the glue dry for about an hour before I brushed off all of my excess.
Adirondak Alchohol Inks
This one is a simple landscape abstract. To create the tree I went in with a copic blender pen and pulled the color out. I added a touch of black copic to the sides and then pulled that through as well to give it some highlights and shadows.
Alcohol Inks Painting
Here we have a winter night landscape.

Happy crafting!
~Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.