Apr 2, 2018

"Shabby" Paper Distressing + Paper Pumpkin

Today I have a quick share for you courtesy of a March 2018 Paper Pumpkin alternative card and  TGIF Challenge #153. I chose Charlotte's card for my inspiration. Let's take a look:
 TGIFC
Here's your crafty tip: To get an aged "shabby" distress look on my papers I used a very watery paintbrush and painted on some white Gesso. Then I crumpled up my papers, ripped them, tore them, and roughed them up. I like the look of the white wash over top of the papers. The cat is optional!
I couldn't find any lace in my stash so I used a border punch to get the look and put the pieces behind my layer.

Have a crafty day!
~Sherry

4 comments:

  1. I love the soft, yet aged look that you have created on your card here today Sherry! It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week over at TGIF Challenges! We look forward to seeing you again!💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love a good distressed card and this is beautiful! I’ve never used gesso before and appreciated your crafty tip. Thanks for joining us at TGIFC this week!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.