Apr 4, 2018

So Very... Blog Hop

The theme for this month's Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop was to use Very Vanilla, instead of white, as your primary card color. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan. I prefer a darker color such as crumb cake, but I decided I really needed to take this challenge on. So let's take a look at my... second card, I created for this challenge:
After I tossed out my first card I started hunting through my stash. I found a Stampin' Up Memories and More Bundle of Love card pack and realized it was perfect. Often when I get stuck my go to is a Memories and More card pack, half the work is done for you. Memories and More is primarily a ready made scrapbooking card set but, hence the name, they can be used for so much more than that. The Bundle of Love pack was the perfect color combination for this challenge. It was quick and it got the job done. I'm pretty happy with the results. I have a very vanilla base, with a very vanilla layer, and another layer cut from one of the large cards in the pack, and then I used one of the small cards as my sentiment. Ta-done!
Here's your crafty tip: One of the reasons I don't use Very Vanilla much, and particularly as a card base, is because it is too thin. Stampin' Up does sell a Very Vanilla Thick card stock now but I didn't have any on hand. No need to worry, all you have to do is layer layer layer. On this card I have four layers on top and two more on the bottom inside. The layers provided a sturdy, quality, card base like I'm accustomed to.

Let's hop on over to my pal Eimaer's blog to see what she came up with.
Enjoy the hop!
~Sherry

15 comments:

  1. Great tip about the layers making your card sturdier. I really need to invest in the thick WW and VV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and simple! Lovely card Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. We are so in sync Sherry. I love the extra detail you added with the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,such a great colour selection to pair it with

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry your card has a very clean feel, which I love, and the stitching just completes the card. Love it 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time with embellishments and layers, I prefer clean designs as well.

      Delete
  6. Simplicity at it's best. Love this creation and I love the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! I keep forgetting to use the Memories and More pack for cards, so I appreciate the reminder in your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Love so simple but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.