Sep 20, 2017

Using Up Your Paper Scraps + Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop

Welcome! I'm so glad you joined us for the Let's Get Hopping blog hop! Today's blog theme is how to be thrifty, and nifty, and use up your stash of paper scraps.
If you are like me, you find it excruciating to throw away your paper scraps. I'm always on the look out for ways to use them. A while back I made this card set and had some leftover scraps, I just knew I would find a use for them. The first thing I did was take a piece of the scrap designer paper to make the matching pen for this set:
Then I came up with a way to use up those fabulous pieces of cardstock, I loved how awesome this card turned out:
You can also use some odd pieces of designer paper to make 3x3 cards. Here I used the Quilt Builder Framelits, and on the mini pizza box you can see I even used the leftover outline you get from that die set:
 
When I get down to the nitty gritty, I like to use them for making gift tags. On the bigger ones I used the oval tag die from the Window Box Thinlits to cut one layer of scrap white cardstock and one layer of scrap Christmas designer paper and adhered them together. I used the tag die from Bouquet Bunch Framelits for the smaller ones. I think that size is going to use up a lot of otherwise unusable scrap pieces, and not only would they be super cute on a bouquet card but I think they will be perfect for price tags on some of my smaller craft fair items. 
Now the only question is, what do I do with these pesky little buggers still hanging around? 
 I hope you enjoyed my tips, now hop on over to Eimear's blog for even more awesomeness:
Happy crafting!
-Sherry

18 comments:

  1. So many great tips Sherry. I love the effect of layering the in-color offcuts on a card. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that layered in-colour card Sherry!! Great tip about the gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks. That card was actually a "Perfect Princess" in one of the Freshly Made Sketches Challenges.

      Delete
  3. Okay the top cards are adorbs, but I think I love the card that you have created with the leftovers the best! Fabulous tips! Thanks for hopping and sharing! 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolynn, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the other pieces left from that original card.

      Delete
  4. Great Tips Sherry. I love the tags, might have to start making more tags myself, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I cut those I definitely thought how perfect for price tags. I have a ton of scrap pieces of yardstick laying around. You know I can't stand to throw anything out!

      Delete
  5. Wow beautiful selection of cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the card you made with the in-colours, what an amazing use of those off-cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tips - Your cards are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry, thank you for your tips and sharing your creations. What can I say? They are just so stinking cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright and Disclaimer

All images are the sole property of Sherry Espinoza unless otherwise stated. All content is the sole responsibility of Sherry Espinoza. When sharing information from this blog you must credit Sherry Espinoza at mycraftedcharm.com
Powered by Blogger.